Sunday, September 9, 2007

light my fire

For reasons unknown even to myself, I find this man

















irresistable. He's got that visceral, intangible, carnal, I am man quality that gives me pause--lilting pause. Pure science; not attraction but reaction. Something about him makes something in me respond in some kind of way that's all impulse, no rationale. I have no control--which of course just lends itself to that I want to be taken tone of the romantic narrative--and no want for it.

Let's take a closer look. His eyelashes are white, which usually gives me the creeps. His hair, red, should be an automatic turn-off, for I don't want pale, freckle-filled, carrot-topped chillen running around. He's a musician which is always a concern what with the late nights, groupies, and heavy drinking and/or drug abuse. He's not particularly attractive, per se.

But.
He's dark













and that's hot. He's also light
















Fucking A.

And check out the bulge:










the fidelity:



















the axe:











In short, I long for this man (one Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age), this unattainable Zeus of metal thunderclouds, mainly, I think, because he makes me react as woman.
It seems that's all I need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand exactly what you are experiencing. I am utterly attracted to Josh Homme, but I do not find him physically attractive. It's just as you say: not attraction but reaction. He exudes this certain passion with such brute force, and his music is just intoxicating. Josh Homme is the epitome of sexy.

I don't have a blog or anything. I just stumbled upon yours from an image search, actually. Great post, though. Now I know I'm not the only one.

just me ;) said...

i feel the same! thank you for this wonderful post, because i never was able to find the right words to describe my feelings!

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing him in about 5 hours and can hardly contain myself.........he is pure sex.